Wednesday, 22 March 2017
Chicken breast, skinless
1. Peel and chop the butternut quash, boil until done.
2. Meanwhile bash the chicken breasts out, between sheets of cling film, with a rolling pin - to about 1cm thick.
3. Cook sage leaves briefly in a drop of olive oil in a frying pan - until just crisp - literally a minute. Lift out and save.
4. Lay serrano ham over the chicken pieces. Turn over, put sage leaves on chicken and top with another layer of serrano ham.
5. Fry the chicken and ham for a couple of minutes on each side, in olive oil. Transfer to an oven dish and put in the oven for 12 minutes.
6. Mash the drained butternut squash with butter and black pepper, keep warm in the oven.
7. Top and tail the green beans and steam fry (in a drop of olive oil, put in the beans and a cup of water, cook on high until water has evaporated) for 6-8 minutes until nearly done, add crushed garlic and cook for a further minute.
8. Serve, scoff - watch veg dodger have seconds of chicken (no surprise there) and butternut squash! blimey.