Wednesday, 29 March 2017
Smoked haddock risotto
1. Sautee leek in olive oil, add celery and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add rice, stir in until every grain is lightly coated in oil.
3. Add a glass of white wine, and some stock. Simmer. Add more stock and stir in as it starts to get dry.
4. When the rice is just about al dente add the smoked salmon on top. At this point I added a little more stock, and then covered to steam the fish on top of the risotto.
5. Five minutes later add a handful of frozen peas and big handfuls of spinach, cover again.
6. 3 minutes later stir the wilted spinach and fish, gently, into the risotto. The fish will naturally fall into big flakes if you are gentle enough.
7. Turn the heat off, cover again and leave for 5 minutes. All the juices will then soak into the risotto.
8. Serve, scoff