Wednesday, 8 March 2017
Tin chopped tomatoes
Spaghetti (gluten free for us)
1. Usual start, sautee leeks and garlic in olive oil, add italian herbs.
2. After a few minutes add chopped butternut squash, red pepper and mushrooms.
3. Add a cup of red lentils and a jug of vegetable stock. Simmer ... and simmer, add more stock if it looks like it's going dry.
4. At some point during the simmer ... and simmer ... add some chopped semi-dried tomatoes and a tin of chopped tomatoes ... simmer ..
5. Squirt in a healthy splodge of american hotdog mustard and ketchup. Simmer, as above.
6. Boil spaghetti, according to packet instructions, drain.
7. Serve, topped with shaved parmesan (and black pepper for me).
Cheap, cheerful and as mentioned above very welcomed by all, including veg dodgers.