Tuesday, 7 March 2017
Roast chicken thighs with chorizo
1. Chop potatoes in 1" cubes (very approx) - roast in olive oil for about an hour.
2. At the same time roast chicken thighs, seasonned and with a splash of olive oil - they don't take as long, but our oven is past its best, so I just chuck them in at the same time as the potatoes, on the bottom shelf.
3. Peel, chop and boil the other root veg, and steam the green veg on top.
4. When the veg are done, put the green veg, covered, in the bottom of the oven to keep warm.
5. "Mash" the root veg by slashing multiple times with a sharp knife, until there are tiny fragments of each all mixed up, with lots of butter and black pepper.
6. Put the root veg in the oven until everything is finished.
7. Fry chopped chorizo briefly in olive oil, thrown over the cooked chicken peices.
8. Serve, scoff.... the veggie had halloumi