Thursday, 19 October 2017
Celeraic, lentil and hazelnuts
Dry white wine
1. Peel the celeraic and carrots, cut into batons, spritz with lemon juice (to prevent discolouration of the celariac), toss in olive oil and roast for 45 minutes.
2. Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for about 5-20 minutes.
3. Put lentils on to boil with a couple of bay leaves and a spring of thyme.
4. Sautee chopped onion and celery with crushed garlic in olive oil.
5. When the lentils are nearly done (about 20 minutes), drain them and pick out the dry herbs.
6. Toss the lentils into the onion mixture, with a splash of dry white wine and a cup of stock, simmer for a few minutes, so finish them off, stir in a tablespoon of mild mustard.
7. Turn the heat off under the lentils, stir in a big handful of baby spinach and let it wilt.
8. Serve, put a bed of lentils on the plate, topple on the veg and sprinkle with roughly chopped roasted hazelnuts.
9. Serve, scoff
Update - this made a fantastic soup zizzed up with some more veg stock then next day for lunch.