Tuesday, 25 September 2012
Tilapia fillets with pesto.. and pasta thingy
I don't think my primary victim would be a big fan - but that's a lot to do with the aversion to fish .. and spinach.
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tilapia fillets
3 tbsps pesto (mine today was from a jar, but if it's homemade, so much the better)
1 cup mushrooms
1 crushed garlic clove
1/2 cup macaroni (when dry)
Handful spinach leaves
5(ish) tbsp half fat creme fraiche
1. Place the fish fillets in an oven proof dish, which has been drizzled with a tiny drizzle of olive oil, and spread pesto on top (if you are going to keep any of the pesto for another day, make sure you don't "double dip" - or cross contaminate... ie. do not dip into jar, touch fish with spoon, and then go back into the jar ... that way food poisonning lies. Put slathered fillets in the oven (about 180)
2. Chop mushrooms and fry off, gently, in olive oil, after a couple of mins add crushed garlic (optional .. obv). (Whilst bringing pasta water to the boil)
3. Cook pasta in boiling water according to packet instructions (lets say 11 mins)
4. When mushrooms have released their liquid (the sound of them in the pan changes), add a couple of spoons of pasta water and chuck in spinach. Take off the heat after a out a minute and let the spinach wilt.
5. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to mushrooms and spinach, add big dollops of creme fraiche (you might want to return to the heat if its been waiting around) and stir in, until lovely and creamy. grind on black pepper, and salt to taste.
6. Chuck pasta and veg on a plate and place fish on top.
7. Scoff ... ponder about whether they go together (and then comment here! ...)