Olive oil (for frying, could be any vegetable oil)
Gluten free flour (Self Raising Doves in this instance)
Pinch of salt
3 cooking apples
handful dried cranberries
1. Put flour into bowl and crack in egg. Stir in to start the process.
2. Add pinch of salt and about a cup of soya milk. Whisk.
3. Add about 3 tbsp natural yogurt and whisk until flour has been incorporated, and the mixture is smooth.
4. The texture should be of very lightly whipped double cream - if too thick add some milk, if too liquidy add some flour (easier to add a little mixture to some new flour, mix, then mix this in to the big batch - fewer lumps).
5. Heat oil and butter in frying pan until just smoking. Fry pancakes in batches - about 6ish cm across. You know one side is done when you start getting tiny bubbles at the outer edges creeping in about 1 cm. Flip and fry on the other side.
6. Meanwhile peel and chop apples, put in a pan with sugar (to taste) and cranberries. Add a tbsp water and cover with a cartouche (greaseproof paper scrunched up and wet and plonked over the fruit to seal in moisture). Stew gently until pancakes are done.
Scoff, with or without maple syrup, sing happy birthday (badly).