This, sadly, is a REALLY bad picture. I am sure there's something wrong with that camera. However, I include it as the beets were truly delicious - kind of sweet and nutty at the same time, and a beautiful texture.
4 baking potatoes
2 smoked haddock
6 golden beets
8 cloves garlic - whole
1. Wash and prick potatoes - bake at 180C for about an hour and a half.
2. Top and tail beets to remove furry roots - bake, in skins with drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Chuck whole cloves of garlic in and seal with foil. Bake for about an hour and a half.
After about an hour....
3. Chop leeks and courgette, fry gently in olive oil, add splash of white wine and simmer until softish (15 mins tops)
4. Steam green beans.
5. Get potatoes and beets out of the oven - when they are cool enough to handle, skin them.
6. Mash the potatoes, add flaked mackerel and chopped tarragon.
7. Whisk egg, whizz corn thins into "not breadcrumbs" ie. gluten free
8. Shape fishcakes, dip in egg then "not breadcrumbs" - then fry on each side for about 4 minutes.
Yum! Enough for dinner, lunch and an extra lunch. The garlic is sweet and tender, don't just leave it in the pan, squish it onto the fishcakes/beets.