Monday, 2 December 2013
veggie curry, tarka dhal and brown rice
Bring to boil in a cast iron, the water about an inch above the rice. When it reaches the boil, put the lid on and stick it in a medium oven. Forget about it until you are ready to eat. It'll be done.
biryani spice mix
tin of tomatoes
1. Soften chopped onion in olive oil until a bit soft.
2. Prepare other veg and chuck it all in.
3. Simmer, taste, add more water if you need it.
spices for frying - eg. fennel, cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, garam masala, curry leaves
1. Boil lentils until gloopy, add more water when you need to.
2. Two minutes before serving, fry spices in oil, they're ready when they start releasing their aroma.
3. Chuck onto lentils and savour the sizzling.
Scoff - in this case with a blob of natural yogurt. Miss the yogurt out, and you have a vegan, gluten free dinner. Kerching.