Monday, 25 November 2013
Root vegetable cake, kale with blue cheese dressing, roast tomatoes
knob of butter
splosh of olive oil
1 tbsp grainy mustard
juice of 1 lemon
grating of nutmeg
lots of black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1. Grate ingredients for the root vegetable cake.
2. Fry them in olive oil and butter until they're a bit soft.
3. Add garlic, mustard, nutmeg and seasoning.
4. Transfer to oven proof dish and bake for about an hour at 180.
5. Chop tomatoes and chuck into oven, sprinkled with salt and drizzled with olive oil.
6. 10 minutes before serving, sautee onion until a bit soft- toss in choppde kale, add splash of water - cover and steam for about 5 minutes.
7. Add cheese, recover, let steam and melt. Stir in.