Saturday, 23 November 2013
Warming kale and mushroom casserole with leek mash
3 largish potatoes
knob of butter
tablespoon of parmesan
6 big mushrooms
Tin of chickpeas
1. Saute leek in olive oil, it can go a little caramelised around the edges.
2. Peel and chop into 1 inch chunks the celeriac and potatoes. Boil in salted water until mashable. Drain, mash, add seasoning, leeks, cheese and butter. Put into hot oven to crisp up the top.
3. Saute onion in olive oil, add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic. Soften a little - splosh in red wine and add herbs. Simmer.
4. Chuck in chopped kale and a little water or stock. Then tin of drained chickpeas. There should be enough liquid in the pan to let if cook without catching, but not so that it is swimming in it.
5. Bung it in the oven with the potato.
6. Wait 20 minutes. Take out of oven, scoff.
Delicious, really warming, really filling, does you loads of good.