Saturday, 23 November 2013
Sharon fruit and pomegranate chili and ginger jam
2 smallish onions, finely chopped
3 sharon fruits
gralic, crushed - at elast 4 cloves, more if you like it garlicky
ginger - also crushed - about a thumb sized piece, but to taste
chili flakes (about 1 tsp)
granulated sugar (about 250g)
splosh of red wine
juice of 1 lime
juice of 2 oranges
1. Sautee onion in olive oil.
2. Add chopped sharon fruit and pomegranate buds (well, whatever they are -- the bobbles, cut pomegranate in half and squeeze the sweet kernels into the pan, squeeze in juice of 1 lime.
3. Sprinkle a little dried rosemary in. Stir, and gently sautee.
4. Add garlic, ginger, chili paste, sugar and vinegar. Simmer. don't let t dry out.
5. Taste - I added orange juice and simmered again for a bit.
6. spoon a bit onto a cold plate, and taste when it cools down a bit. adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Put into jars.
Eat with cheese/ cold meats.