Friday, 22 November 2013
Butter bean and romanesco curry with mixed rice
Rice - red, basmati and wild
1 leek, chopped and washed
1 romanesco, broken into florets
3 carrots, peeled and diced
Curry mix .. this one claimed to be for chicken kebabs, but it could have been many - check that you like the sound of the spices
1 tin butter beans, drained
1 carton tomatoes
1. Sautee leek in olive oil until a bit softenned.
2. Put rice in cast iron casserole, cover with water to an inch over the surface of the rice. Bring to the boil, then stick in a medium oven and ignore until the curry is ready.
3. Add the romanesco, carrots, garlic and spice mix to the pan. Soften for a couple of minutes then add some water and simmer.
4. Chuck in the butter beans after about 10 minutes.
5. Add passata and simmer for about another 10 minutes. Add more water if it looks like it's going dry.
6. Taste, season and taste