Monday, 28 April 2014
Thai chickpea curry
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 potatoes, diced
1 tsp red thai curry paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tin chickpeas, drained
1 tin coconut milk
1. Cook rice - I put rice in a cast iron pot - cover with water to an inch or so above the surface - bring to the boil, cover and stick in a warm oven while everything else cooks.
2. Sautee onion in oil, add pepper and carrot, soften.
3. Add potatoes, stir in, add curry paste and garlic, stir in.
4. Tip in chickpeas, coconut milk and some water - simmer.
5. After about 20 minutes (stir now and again) taste... adjust - you might need more water.
When done - scoff. Gluten free, vegan and cheap - what's not to like! If it was too hot when tasted add sugar (half a teaspoon at a time).