Thursday, 1 May 2014
Butter bean, leek and mushroom hotpot with spring greens
So a hot pot thingy and steamed spring greens. yum.
4 big potatoes
Spring greens, shredded
1. Cut potatoes into think slices and boil until nearly done.
2. Meanwhile sautee leeks and celery int olive oil.
3. When leeks are a bit soft add crushed garlic and a spinkle of mixed herbs.
4. Add mushrooms, turn over a few times add stock and white wine. Simmer for a few minutes, add drained tin of butter beans.
5. Slake the cornflour in a little water. Add to the vegetables to make a nicely textured sauce.
6. Turn veg into a oven dish, top with sliced potatoes - sprinkle with salt, drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 40 minutes.
7. About 15 minutes before you think the hot pot is ready, steam the shredded spring greens.