Sunday, 25 May 2014
Red rice and mung beans, ratatouie(ish) and roast butternut squash
1. Cook rice and simmer mung beans.
2. When cooked, take off the heat and save until ready to serve.
3. Five minutes before serving heat up with a little olive oil, with fried onions, sprinkle of cinnamon and chopped herbs.
4. Peel and chop butternut squash
5. Put into roasting tin with chunks of red onion, cloves of garlic, salt, caribbean seasoning and olive oil.
6. Roast for about 45 minutes.
7. Sautee chopped onion in olive oil.
8. When onion is a bit soft and loads of garlic and diced pepper, aubergine and tomatoes.
9. Splosh in wine, mixed herbs and seasoning.
10. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Really very nice! Loads left of course.