Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Veg gratin, roast tomatoes and groats
1 leek, chopped and washed
salt and pepper
The tomatoes and groats are easy - stick tomatoes in oven dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast for 45 minutes-ish. Groats - boil in the bag for 15 minutes - is. the last thing you do.
1. Sautee leek and celery in olive oil.
2. When a bit soft add garlic, herbs and mustard.
3. Add diced carrot, turnip and potato - and white wine and stock.
4. Simmer for about 20 minutes until veg goes a bit soft.
5. Add shredded cabbage, and soften.
6. Add water to cornflour, and mix to form a paste - add to veg mix and stir in to thicken.
7. Add grated cheese and transfer to an oven dish.
8. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 40 minutes or so.
Scoff - have seconds!