Saturday, 10 May 2014
beetroot and carrot burgers with crispy, herbed courgette
No, really, I promise - delicious!
an onion or more
salt and pepper
salt and pepper, and herbs
1. Grate cleaned carrots and beetroot.
2. Add crushed garlic, herbs, seasoning (chili if you fancy) oats, a good glug of olive olive oil and mix well.
3. slice courgette, toss with polenta - with salt pepper and herbs.
4. Heat olive oil in 2 frying pans - start frying burgers first, then courgette..
5. Turn burgers over, put sliced/grated cheese on top.
6. Start frying courgette slices in hot olive oil - dont keep tossing - turn when done on one side..
when done - scoff - with mayonniase to taste
Don't add the cheese or mayonnaise and it's vegan and lactose free too.