Saturday, 17 May 2014
potato, turnip and leek bake, steamed carrots and spring greens with grilled haloumi
Potato, turnip and leek bake
1. Slice potatoes and turnips and par boil for about 7 minutes.
2. Slice and soften leek in olive oil - add crushed garlic.
3. Splosh a little olive oil in an oven dish - layer in a third of the potato and turnip, add half the leeks, the next turnip and potato, drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, the last of the leeks and the rest of the potato and turnip. Drizzle with olive oil, pour in about a pint of stock and bake for 40 minutes or so.
1. Peel carrots and cut into batons, steam.
2. Add shredded cabbage after about 8 minutes, steam for a further 5.
Grill halloumi in a dry frying pan from 1-2 minutes on each side.