Tuesday, 26 January 2016
Broccoli and tofu stir fry with noodles
black bean and garlic sauce
chinese rice wine
brown rice noodles
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry tofu on all sides.
2. While the tofu is doing prepare and chop all veg into smallish pieces.
3. When the tofu is done take it off the heat, and put on a pan of water to boil for the noodles.
4. Start the stir fry with the onions in hot oil, followed quickly by garlic and ginger.
5. Keep veg moving and add the other bits of veg - except the mushrooms, stick them in a bit later.
6. Toss the veg about a bit, then add a big spoon of black bean sauce, a splosh of rice wine, a splosh of soy sauce and a pinch of chilli flakes.
7. Add a little water, and keep it all moving so that it steam-fries.
8. At this point stick the noodles in the water.
9. About 6ish minutes later the veg will be done, and the noodles will be soft. Drain the noodles and swish under cold water.
10. Add the noodles and the tofu back into the veg, toss about a bit.
11. Serve, scoff
This is absolutely on everybody's "do again" list, which is very pleasing, as I am not always totally confident with oriental stuff - and it's entirely seasonal UK veg.