Thursday, 14 January 2016
Quick chickpea tagine and spicy couscous
grate of nutmeg
Packet of spiced couscous
Little gem lettuce
1. Chop onion and sautee in olive oil.
2. Add grated garlic and ginger.
3. When soft add peeled chopped carrot and chopped red pepper.
4. Add drained chickpeas.
5. Cook for a little while, then add squeeze of tomato puree, chili flakes, herbs, spices and bouillon with some water. Continue to simmer. Add tahini after about 5 minutes. Add chopped kale.
6. Simmer gently until family get in from work (that'll be about 20 minutes).
7. Prepare couscous according to packet instructions.
8. Chop salad leaves, bang pomegranate seeds over tagine.
Too be fair, I think I would have prefered not to double spicy - ie. had plain couscous with the spicy tagine, the double spicy meant I was pleased to have the refreshing lettuce with it. The spiced couscous, however, would be excellent with roasted vegetables stirred through it.