Drizzly (again) ... cold (again, but it is January, so that's reasonable) ... and MORE kale in the fridge from the veg box - but this was DELICIOUS! Really, let me boast, it was great!
This is what I used:-
1. Peel and chop potatoes, put onto boil .. for about 12 minutes, ie. until ready to mash.
2. Chop onion, sautee in olive oil, after a few minutes add chopped pepper, crushed garlic and chopped green beans. Stir around.
3. Add brown lentils, and then about a pint of water.
4. Sprinkle on bouillon powder (or scrunch in a stock cube) add herbs, a spoonful of mustard and a pinch of chilli flakes.
5. Simmer a little, add mushrooms and keep simmering until done (about 30 minutes)
6. Test potatoes, when ready, drain and mash.
7. Put lentils in an oven proof dish, top with potatoes and bake for 30 minutes (its always ish ...) until the top is golden.
8. Chop kale, removing tough stems, put into oven proof dish with a spoonful of water - cover with cling film and microwave for 2 minutes.