Friday, 8 January 2016
Crispy fried fish, tiny roasties and braised peas and lettuce
So, I took advantage of this and pepped up our traditional Friday night fish and chips ...
Calabrian fish crust mix
Little gem lettuce
Instructions, in more or less, chronological order ...
1. Chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes - parboil (or microwave) - toss in olive oil and roast in a hot oven.
30(ish) minutes later
2. Chop an onion, sautee in olive oil until soft, add crushed garlic and a good slosh of white wine.
3. Chop white fish into 1 inch strips (or leave as fillets if you prefer). Pat dry with kitchen roll.
4. Coat the fish pieces with Calabrian fish crust mix.
5. Fry fish, in hot olive oil - a couple of minutes of each side, in batches, drain on kitchen roll, keeping the batches warm as you go.
6. Add petit pois to the onions with wedges of little gem lettuce. Stir until lettuce is wilted.