ras el-hanout spice mix
1. Wash and parboil new potatoes, relax - nibble olives, drink wine etc etc ... for about 10 minutes
2. Chop potatoes into bite sized pieces, ready for sautee-ing.
3. Chop onion, and start to fry gently in olive oil.
4. Coat fish in spice mix.
5. Chop cavolo nero, add to onions, on a low heat.
6. Start to sautee drained potatoes in olive oil, sprinkle with rock salt.
7. Heat olive oil to fry fish - fry skin side first - for 2-3 minutes each side.
8. Splash wine into cavolo nero mix and allow to evaporate.
Scoff. I did half of the hake in spice, and half on its own. I was really pleased with the result. The spice gives a lovely aromatic floral interest (it's not hot at all), but the hake was so delicious that I wanted to savour the flavour of that too.