Tuesday, 2 February 2016
Pan fried cod, with garlic and rosemary mini roast potatoes and steamed vegetables.
salt and pepper
1. Cut the potatoes into 1cm(ish) cubes and par boil.
2. Prep the veg (ie. peel the carrots) and chop the veg into bite sized pieces.
3. Put some olive oil in an oven dish, and heat it for a few minutes, ready for the potatoes.
3. When the potatoes are al dente ... or not quite done - drain them - chuck them into the prepared dish. Add rosemary and crushed garlic, and salt and pepper. Turn in the oil so that every piece has a light coating of oil and herbs. Stick back into a fairly hot oven for 35-45 minutes.
4. Do the stuff you need to do ... 15 minutes before dinner is required - steam the veg.
5. 5 minutes before dinner is required fry the cod in a hot pan - as I said before, oil the fidh, not the pan - but make sure the pan is hot - fry skin side down first for 2(ish) minutes turn over and finish off.
Serve and scoff! Delicious.