Wednesday, 10 February 2016
1. Chop red cabbage. Tip into big pan. Add crushed garlic, salt and pepper (fennel, caraway, juniper or sweet spices eg ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg could also be added now), Tip in liquid - white wine and/or water, cider, fruit juice .... simmer
2. Start root veg mash - peel a nd chop into 1 cm cubes (ish) whatever root veg is to hand - today - swede, beetroot, carrot and parsnip. Boil for about 15 minutes.
3. Put beans in oven proof dish, and put in the bottom of a medium oven.
4. Make pancakes - keep warm.
5. When root veg are done (you can easily push a sharp knife into them) - drain, put back into the pan - add knobs of butter - slash in all directions with a sharp knife ... it's not mashed, but its all cut up into tiny pieces and the root veg are all mixed together - grind in some black pepper.
6. Serve, scoff ...
Was delish ... I did a taco type thingy with all the veg bits inside the pancake - but do exactly as you fancy.