Today - we had mediterranean hot salad with some baby baked potatoes.
For the baked potatoes - wash, prick with a fork, and coat with olive oil (pour a tiny blob of oil into your hand, and then cuddle each potato until it has a coating of oil...) ... put into an oven proof dish - microwave for 10 minutes, then transfer to a hot oven to finish baking.
Hot salad, with haloumi
1. Prepare, and then griddle in a hot griddle pan each of ... red pepper, aubergine and courgette.
2. Place, as they are griddled, into an oven proof dish.
3. Slice tomatoes, and add them ... probably in the middle of the layers of griddled veg - just add them in as you are ready.
4. Bung the lot in the oven.
5. Prepare the dressing: Crush the garlic, mix with olive oil, mixed herbs and mustard (add chilli or anything else you fancy) ...
6. Throw the dressing over the veg and griddle the cheese.
7. Put the cheese on the salad - return to the oven.
8. Add 3 tablespoons of water to the hot griddle pan, sizzle, add spinach and toss - it'll wilt in no time.
9. Serve and scoff.
We had thirds!