Thursday, 4 February 2016
Wild fennel and tomato pesto tagliatelle, prawns and salad
Takes about 12 minutes from cold ...
1. Put on a pan of water to boil.
2. Prepare lettuce.
3. Make salad dressing - a splash of garlic infused olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice and a grind of sea salt and black pepper - into a salad bowl.
4. Chuck lettuce and very finely sliced half moons of onion into the dressing.
5. When water is boiling, chuck in the pasta and cook for 4 minutes until al dente.
6. Grill prawns in hot pan.
7. When the pasta is done, drain and stir in pesto. Toss the salad.
Serve, scoff ... then get the opinions written above ... thinking about it now - I think this pasta/pesto combo would be AMAZING with a good steak. (Sorry vegetarians!)