Wednesday, 10 February 2016
Pancake day: pancake with sugar and chocolate hazelnut spread
Gluten free flour
almond oil (I would use peanut, but I had run out)
chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Put the GF flour in a bowl, make a well in the middle.
2. Break in an egg (or two)... whisk in a tiny bit.
3. Splodge in about a cup of soya milk, and whisk again. Add a pinch of salt.
4. For the batter, you are aiming for a consistency of double cream, so whisk, add more milk if required.
5. Leave to stand.
6. Heat oil in frying pan - when it hits smoking point - add batter and tip pan around to make a thinnish pancake ...
7. Give isa couple of minutes, when it looks dry on top it's time to flip ... flip - cook the other side.
8. Turn out onto plate - add topping - hazelnut spread if you really must! but lemon and sugar for me, maple syrup ... or savoury ...