Thursday, 18 February 2016
Jamaican jerk chicken, rice and peas and salad
Jamaican jerk seasoning
Garlic infused olive oil
Honestly, this can't really be called a recipe, as it's so easy! I have cheated with the rice and peas, in that, really they should be done with coconut milk, but we didn't really feel like it... so, I made it much more plain.
1. Put rice in a pot which can be used on the hob, and then in the oven. Turn the oven onto to medium.
2. Add the drained kidney beans and enough water to cover, plus an inch.
3. Bring the rice to the boil, bang the lid on, and put it in the oven.
4. Marinate the chicken breast in olive oil and the jerk seasoning.
5. Splash a little garlic infused oil in the bottom of a salad bowl, bung in the lettuce. Toss when you serve the dinner.
6. Ten minutes before serving, fry the chicken, in quite a hot pan...
Seasoning would go with chicken, pork, fish and halloumi.