Monday, 16 January 2017
Sausage and mash, with braised red cabbage
Also, extras like butter from The Crumbly Cheese, tomato puree and wholegrain mustard from The Mediterranean Pantry, and veggies from Todmorden fruit and veg outside.
There were also veggie sausages fro the veggie.
1. Shred cabbage and braise in a little olive oil and a cup of water - I added some clementine juice and a pinch of chili flakes. Simmer gently, adding more liquid when it looks a bit dry.
2. Peel potatoes and put onto boil for the mash.
3. Prick the sausages with a fork and put in the oven for 15 minutes - then turn them.
4. Make the onion gravy - sautee chopped onion in olive oil until soft, squirt in some tomato puree, add a teaspoon of grainy mustard and a cup of water, simmer. You might want to add more water/vegetable stock to keep the correct consistency.
5. Mash potatoes with butter - you could put them in the oven to crisp up.
6. Serve, scoff