Saturday, 14 January 2017
Smoked haddock, colcannon with a poached egg
About £3.50 per greedy portion
1. Peel potatoes and cut into pieces.., boil for the mash.
2. Peel carrots and steam above the potatoes, chop leeks into rings and shred the kale, steam them together above the carrots.
3. When the potatoes are cooked drain them and mash them with butter. Beat in the steamed green veg.
4. Transfer the colcannon to an oven dish and put into the oven for the top to crisp. Put the carrots in the bottom of the oven to keep hot.
5. At the same time drizzle the fish with a little olive oil and bake that for 15 minutes.
6. Poach egg for 2 minutes in water at a rolling boil, with a dash of vinegar - which helps the egg hold its shape.
7. Serve, scoff - watch veg dodger have seconds of green veg.