Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Vegetable cheese ... and stuff
Blackened cajun seasoning
1. Roast squash in olive oil, sprinkled with garam masala (actually we had this roasted already, so just added it to the other veg before putting in the oven in the cheese sauce, but if you are doing it from scratch if you put it in with the potatoes it should take about 40 minutes, so time enough to add straight away.)
2. Chop potatoes into cubes, toss lightly in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake, for about a hour.
3. Steam cauliflower florets and shredded kale for about 15 minutes.
4. Put chicken thighs in an oven dish and massage with olive oil a sprinkling of cajun seasoning - roast for about 25 minutes.
5. Make the cheese sauce - simmer soya milk, add slaked cornflour and stir to thicken. Add a teaspoon of mustard and the grated cheese - stir until melted.
6. Transfer all veg to an oven dish, top with sauce, and a handful more grated cheese, put in the oven for about 20 minutes, until top is golden brown.
7. Serve, scoff