Thursday, 19 January 2017
Truffle and vegetable risotto
Truffle risotto mix
1. Sautee onion in olive oil until soft, add crushed garlic.
2. Add red pepper and mushrooms and continue to fry gently until they are soft.
3. Tip in the risotto mix and about a cup of hot water, stir.
4. When the water has mixed in, add another cupful and stir again - keep adding water until rice is just about done. Then add shredded kale.
5. Add another cup of water and stir until rice is done, and most of the water is absorbed.
6. Turn off the heat and stand for a few minutes, this will allow the rest of the water to absorb, so the dish is silky (and not a watery ricey mess)