Thursday, 2 February 2017
Chicken and mushroom pie
We had some left over roast chicken (believe it or not) so I made pie and mash - it was lovely.
The pastry is made with GF flour. Actually I made 2 pies, one for us meat eaters, and another for the veggie.
1. Make the pastry by rubbing butter into GF flour, and making a dough with just enough cold water to hold together - put in the fridge to chill - it's much easier to handle.
2. Gently sautee chopped onion and garlic, then add chopped mushrooms and cook.
3. Add a spoonful of GF flour to the mushrooms, stir in, then add enough soya milk to make a sauce, cook until a bit thickenned.
4. Remove half the mushrooms to a pie dish, top with sliced brie.
5. Add cooked chicken to the remaining mushrooms and stir into the sauce, move to another pie dish.
6. Put the potatoes on to boil, steam the veggies on top.
7. Roll out the pastry, top both pies - brush the top with soya milk, and bake for about 25 minutes.
8. Mash potatoes with butter.
9. Serve, scoff