Sunday, 26 February 2017
Roast lamb dinner
1. Rub the lamb with olive oil, season, chuck plenty of smashed garlic cloves in to roasting pan, with a good sprinkle of rosemary - roast on high for 20 minutes, then turn down a little.
2. Peel and chop potatoes, toss in olive oil and roast. The lamb and potatoes can now happily sit in the oven for 30 minutes while you chat etc.
3. Prep veg for steaming.
4. Splosh a glass of white wine into the lamb pan, and leave for a further 10 minutes.
5. Put the veg on to steam, drain the juices from the lamb into a small pan, put the lamb to one side to rest - covered in foil and a teatowel.
6. Simmer the pan juices, add about a pint of chicken stock, slake cornflour in water and stir it into the grave to thicken it
7. Serve, scoff
(veggie had halloumi)