Monday, 20 February 2017
Rice'n'dhal, with curried veg
Rice - cook using your chosen method - I bring to the boil in a cast iron pot and then transfer to a low oven to absorb the water.
1. Boil the lentils until they are done.
2. Make the tarka by heating the spices in oil - throw onto the cooked lentils - done....
1. Sautee chopped leek and crushed garlic, add spices of your choice.
2. Add chopped celery, continue to sautee until softenned a bit - then add veg stock and simmer.
3. Add garam masala and shredded cabbage. Simmer until veg is done.
Serve, scoff - delicious, comforting and very good for you.