Friday, 17 February 2017
Spanish omelette packed with veggies
Veg packed spanish omelette
1. Sautee onions in olive oil, when softened a little add red pepper, and continue to soften, add a pinch of mixed herbs.
2. Meanwhile boil sliced potatoes, steaming broccoli florets on the top.
3. Beat together lots of eggs, season with salt and pepper.
4. When the veg is cooked drain and leave to cool slightly - then mix into the eggs. (Allowing them to cool slightly stops them scrambling the eggs as soon as you mix them in, which gives the omelete a peculiar texture.)
5. Tip the mixture into a spoonful of olive oil in a big deep frying pan, fry gently for about 5 minutes.
6. Put under the grill to cook from the top. When the top is set add grated cheese, put back under the grill until its bubbling and delicious.
Lemon juice/ cider vinegar
1. Shred cabbages and chop carrots into slivers. Chop onion into fine half moons, and radish into slivers.
2. Mix veg, add a good pinch of salt, and mix again.
3. Add a spoonful of vinegar or lemon juice and a slosh of olive oil, mix again.
If you like creamy coleslaw you could add mayonnaise and/or natural yogurt at this point.