Wednesday, 5 April 2017
Cheese and onion potato bake, lentil ragu, braised celery and cabbage
1. Thinly slice potatoes, onions and cheese.
2. Splash a little olive oil in an oven dish and layer potato, onion, cheese - repeat - one layer of cheddar, one of gorgonzola, and a final one of cheddar - finish with a layer of potato, a mug of stock and a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Bake for 1 hour ...
4. Chop celery, add a splash of olive oil, and a cup of water - put in the oven.
5. Make the lentil rage - start by suateeing chopped onion, then add pepper, courgette and garlic. Then a good handful of red lentils and some stock - add tinned tomatoes after 5 minutes. Simmer.
6. Steam shredded cabbage for about 7 minutes.
7. Serve, scoff - hope for some left for tomorrow's work lunches...
Work lunches were sandwiches, as all of the potato bake was taken by the veg dodger as a midnight snack.