Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Seafood and asparagus risotto
Pack of frozen seafood (from frozen)
Frozen prawns (defrosted)
1. Finely chop onion and sautee in olive oil until soft.
2. Add risotto rice, and turn in the oil until every grain has a light coating fo oil.
3. Splash in half a glass of dry white wine.
4. Add the chopped stems of the asparagus - keep the tips until the last 5 minutes.
5. Add stock, stir and simmer, add seafood mix from frozen. Keep adding stock, a bit at a time and cooking out until rice is nearly done.
6. Make sure that prawns are defrosted, and add them.
6. Now add the asparagus spears, and a little stock. Cook for a further few minutes.
7. After a final stir, let the mixture sit, so that the rice can soak up the moisture, so that it doesn't seep out to a watery puddle in the bowl.
8. Serve, scoff ... have seconds.