Thursday, 13 April 2017
1. Sweat the chopped, washed leek in olive oil for a few minutes, then add chopped mushrooms.
2. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water.
3. Fry off chopped bacon and then add cooked chicken. Add the leeks etc to the meat. (I was doing a veggie version and a meat eaters version, so then split the leeks etc between the two frying pans).
4. Chuck in a handful of peas.
5. Drain the pasta, and add it to the vegetables.
6. Lightly whip an egg. Let the pasta cool for a minute, then quickly turn the egg through, forming a silky "sauce".
7. Serve, top with shards of parmesan and a good grind of black pepper.
8. Scoff, watch veg dodger have seconds!