Monday, 24 March 2014
Veg box tapas
The dishes were - roast cauliflower with cumin, garlic mushrooms, leek and kale smoked cheese gratin(ish), groats and steamed purple sprouting broccoli.
It took about an hour, the cauliflower and mushrooms going in to start with. Then a 20 minute gap - then started the gratin - then in the last 15 minutes the broccoli steamed over the groats.
Roast cauliflower with cumin
It's a simple as that! Split the cauli into florets and put in roasting pan with olive oil, a sprinkle of cumin seeds and a pinch of salt - roast at about 180 for 45 mins to an hour... tossing occasionally to brown evenly(ish)
splash of white wine
In an oven dish, chuck in ingredients, toss about a bit, add a drop of water/wine if they look dry - stick in the oven with the cauliflower
Leek and kale smoked cheese gratin
Leek, chopped and washed
smoked cheese, grated or diced
1. Sautee leek in olive oil until soft.
2. Add garlic, splash of whie win and kale. Simmer as kale gets soft.
3. When veg are soft, slake cornflour in a little soya milk - add the slaked mixture and another cup of soya milk and keep stirring to make a sauce.
4. Add grated/chopped smoked cheese, mix until melted.
5. Put in oven dish and bake until everything is done.
Groats & purple sprouting broccoli
Steam the broccoli over the pan of boiling water - boil the groats.
Drain, serve, scoff.