Monday, 15 September 2014
Asparagus risotto with roast tomatoes
1 red onion finely chopped
risotto rice - a big handful
red pepper, diced
green beans, cut into in bite sized pieces
about 3/4 litre
bunch of asparagus - stem cut into 2ish cm pieces, spears left whole
80g parmesan, grated
So, start with the tomatoes - roast in a little olive oil with salt in a medium oven. For 40 minutes + ... just bring them out when the risotto is finished.
1. sautee onion in olive oil (and celery and/or carrots finely diced, if you have them) gently for about 6 minutes
2. Add rice, turn until every grain is coated.
3. Add herbs, garlic and vegetables and some stock.
4. Stir, simmer, add stock etc. When nearly done add asparagus spears.
5. After another couple of minutes, turn off heat, stir in parmesan, and leave to sit for a couple of minutes.