Pages

Sunday 12 October 2014

Gluten free flatbread, with grotty nosh

"Grotty nosh" is my Dad's inelegant name for this soup, which is a bit of a tradition in our family.  It's the leftovers of the week, all collected up and heated up in vegetable stock and zizzed.

It works with pretty much anything in a vegetarian household - I would be a little bit more careful if meat or fish had been involved.

Today's grotty nosh included a sprinkling of lettuce, which had a lemon dressing, which added a fresh edge to the soup.

The more interesting part of the lunch was the gluten free flatbread.  To do this I mixed buckwheat flour and gf self raising flour in equal parts and made into a soft dough with natural yogurt.  Roll out squash ball sized balls and dry fry in a hot pan.  Simple, and delicious.

I have just received a chorus of tasty, tasty, very very tasty - so I think that's a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments.

Yummly

Yum