Tuesday, 7 October 2014
Mushroom and kale spaghetti
Dried mushrooms (just a few, optional)
stick of celery
2 tbsp double cream
2 tbsp grated parmesan
salt and pepper
spaghetti (gluten free in this case)
1. Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water.
2. Sautee chopped, washed leek in olive oil.
3. Add finely diced celery and courgette.
4. When a bit soft, add crushed garlic and herbs.
5. Add chopped mushrooms, fry the mixture off for a bit and then add stock so that it doesn't burn.
6. Put on pasta water - when boiling add pasta to water (8 mins - follow packet instructions)
7. Stir shredded kale into mushroom mixture with mushroom soaking liquid. Chop reconstituted mushrooms finely, and add into mixture.
8. When spaghetti is cooked - drain and add to sauce - add cream and cheese - stir around and serve.
Season as you go - with salt and a lot of freshly ground black pepper.
Scoff. Flavourful, both earthy and fresh. I'll do it again.