Saturday, 18 October 2014
veg and lentil pilaf ... innit
I tried to speed this recipe up ny par-cooking the rice, and then adding it to the veg mix to finish.
lentils (tinned and drained)
1. Put brown rice, a handful of red rice - and enough water to cover + 1 inch into a cast iron pot. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer.
2. Put cherry tomatoes in a hot(ish) oven, after you have sploshed on a glug of olive oil, a twist of salt and a twist of pepper.
3. Chop an onion, some mushrooms and a red pepper. Sautee the onions in olive oil until a bit soft/
4. Add mushrooms and pepper, stir around. Add garlic and seasoning (I used mexican - not so much for it to be HOT, but just to add a depth of falvour).
5. Drain par-cooked rice and add to veg. Stir around til all rice has a film of oil.
6. Add chopped kale and some stock, simmer until done - stir occasionally.
7. mix 3 tbsp of yogurt with the juice of a lime, 1 tbsp of olive oil, a crushed clove of garlic - salt and pepper to taste.
Serve/// admire, scoff.... gloat :)