Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Fennel, red pepper and lemon risotto
1. Sautee chopped celery and onion in olive oil.
2. When a little soft, add the chopped fennel and red pepper.
3. Add rice and stir until each grain is covered in a film of oil.
4. Add garlic, white wine and stock gradually, stirring frequently.
5. Keep adding stock, seasoning and stirring until rice is very nearly cooked.
6. Stir in grated parmesan and a handful of frozen peas.
7. Serve - garnish with baby kale and parmesan shards.
Smooth, silky and comforting - with a nice fresh edge from the aniseed fennel and lemon.