Saturday, 22 November 2014
Sprouts are not just for Christmas
It all sounds very worthy - but bloody hell, it tasted fabulous.
Brown rice leek and mushroom
leeks, washed and chopped
Brussel sprouts and hazelnuts
hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Sautee leeks in olive oil, until soft.
2. Add rice (I used brown rice, which means about twice the time of white rice) and some stock, simmer.
3. Add chopped mushrooms and garlic, simmer - keep on a medium heat.
4. Keep an eye on the pan, add some water/stock when it is going dry.
5. After about 20 minutes, add broccoli florets to steam on the top.
1, In a frying pan - melt a good know of butter, with a tbsp of olive oil
2. Add shredded brussel sprouts, toss for a minute of two.
3. Add chopped hazelnuts.
4. Toss mixture together - don't burn it - but dont serve it cold :)