Sunday, 16 November 2014
layered potato, tomato and cheese with vegetable ragu
Cheese (edam in this case)
1. In an oven proof dish, splosh of olive oil.
2. Layer thinly sliced potato, onion, tomato and cheese. Season every layer of potato. End with layer of potato.
3. Pour in a pint of stock, with crushed garlic.
4. Drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for about 1 and a half hours, until potato is soft, and top is golden brown.
After 5 above, start the rage.
1. Sweat chopped veg in olive oil, with the herbs. (onion, mushrooms and courgette)
2. Add a little water or stock, and simmer.
3. Cook until soft.
4. Add shredded greens and cook until soft (about 4 minutes)
Serve, scoff.... have seconds, smile.