Friday, 15 September 2017
Baked aubergine and courgette, with toppings and rice ....
Stock cubes (veg and beef, respectively)
1. Cut the aubergines and courgettes in half, score the flesh in diagonals, bake for about 40 minutes.
2. Make the toppings - in 2 pans sautee onion and garlic and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
3. To the meat version add minced beef and brown off.
4. Add the correct stock cube to each mixture, stir in. Add a cup of water to each.
5. Prep the kale by removing thick stem and shredding quite finely.
6. Drain chickpeas - add 2/3rds to the veggie mix and 1/3rd to the beef mix.
7. Add passata to both, stir and simmer. Add more liquid if necessary.
8. (optional) toast pine nuts.
9. Serve, with crumbled feta - scoff.
We all had seconds of something - and there are 3 more portions boxed up for lunch .... win, win, win.